SPRING BREAK SOCIAL SWEEPSTAKES
(the “Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Open to legal residents of Canada, the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Puerto Rico who have reached the age of majority applicable in their jurisdiction of residence at time of entry. Individuals who are officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of La Senza Corporation ("Sponsor"), its respective parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates, agencies, suppliers of materials or services related to this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouses, regardless of where they live) and those with whom such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives are domiciled (whether or not related), are not eligible. Void where prohibited. (NEW JERSEY NOTICE: This Sweepstakes is not void in the state of New Jersey).
By submitting your Entry, you are indicating that you have read and accepted these Official Rules.
Limit one Entry per person per Day. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, “Day” shall be defined as any calendar day, in Eastern Time, during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Entry must be submitted by the entrant him or herself. Subsequent Entries from the same person or Instagram account on the same Day will not be accepted. All Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, undelivered, invalid, unintelligible, incomplete, misdirected, illegible, or damaged Entries, which will be disqualified.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address or
Instagram account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, social media accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified within Sponsor’s sole discretion. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any person who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the Instagram account by Instagram. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Your Entry must not contain anything that (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil or legal liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group (which include, but are not limited to, race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language); (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances; (viii) contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any third person (living or dead), such as personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, (ix) uses the brand names, trade names, or trade-marks of any third parties, or (x) Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the content of the Entry does at least one of the following: insults, attacks, harasses, bullies, threatens, demeans or impersonates others; contains “hate speech,” whether directed at an individual or a group, based on membership within certain categories targets minors or promotes products or services that are illegal for use by minors in their jurisdiction, or that are deemed to be unsafe or inappropriate; contains adult content, including nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative; contains content that is shocking, sensational or disrespectful, or portrays excessive violence; is otherwise obscene, offensive, or inappropriate; or links to or promotes a webpage; or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “commercial pitch,” promotional materials, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
By entering this Sweepstakes and submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that your Entry will be posted online for public viewing. You hereby irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant the Sponsor the unlimited right and permission to use, post, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify such Entry (with or without your name in connection with your Entry), on the internet, in connection with this Sweepstakes and waive all your rights, including moral rights, in and to the Entry, without notice or compensation.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. On March 17 and March 27, 2017 at 10 a.m. ET, Sponsor will randomly select two (2) Entries from among all Entries received between March 7-16 and March 17-26, respectively, as eligible to win a prize. The selection will occur at 3 Limited Parkway, Columbus, OH 43230, USA.Sponsor's interpretation of these Official Rules and decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final.
Prior to being declared a winner, potential winners must complete, sign and return a declaration and release to be confirmed as a winner. The prize will be forfeited if documents are not returned signed and complete, within the timeframe required, or the winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Potential winners will be notified within approximately two (2) business days of being selected. Potential winners shall be notified in the comment field associated with the Entry on Instagram; by entering the Sweepstakes using Instagram, entrants consent to notification by Sponsor in this manner. One (1) attempt will be made to contact a potential winner. If a potential winner fails to respond within a two (2) business day period or if the notification is consistently returned as undeliverable or fails to reach a potential winner for any reason or if a potential winner fails to respond for any reason to the notification as directed, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. In this event, Sponsor will select up to three (3) alternate potential winners, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. Sponsor’s representatives will arrange for delivery of prize, either in a winner’s local store or by mail. A potential winner who is a Canadian residents must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance of any kind (whether mechanical or otherwise) administered at a mutually agreeable time in store, or by telephone in cases where prize is delivered by mail, to claim a prize, otherwise the prize will be forfeited.
4. PRIZES. There are four (4) prizes available to be won, each consisting of the following:
A $500 gift card (prize awarded in local currency) redeemable at La Senza stores in Canada or the US (depending on winner’s jurisdiction of residence).
Gift cards are subject to certain terms and conditions, which are listed on the card. Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if a designated prize should become unavailable for any reason, or for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties with respect to any prize. Prize includes delivery to one (1) address only, as supplied by selected winner. Any other costs or expenses associated with the prize will be the responsibility of the selected winner.
The winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes on the prize.
5. ODDS. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during each Day.
6. PERSONAL INFORMATION. Sponsor and its authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide when you enter the Sweepstakes for the purposes of administering the Sweepstakes and prize fulfillment. By entering this Sweepstake, you consent to such collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. You may also be offered the opportunity to receive additional communications from Sponsor about its products, and upcoming contests and promotions. The Sweepstakes website may be hosted on servers in the United States, and the personal information you provide may therefore also be subject to the laws of the United States.
By accepting a prize, a winner agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, Instagram handle, entry, city/province/territory of residence, picture,biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor may conduct relating to the Sweepstakes in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice.
7. RIGHT TO VOID / MODIFY / SUSPEND. Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) with respect to residents of Quebec, to suspend or modify this Sweepstakes, or these Official Rules, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Sponsor's sole opinion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion and subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec,void any suspect Entries and: (a) terminate the Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize from among the eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection process discussed above.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, together with its respective affiliates and related companies, including without limitation its parent, sister and subsidiary companies, retailers, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of material and services related to the Sweepstakes, and any other corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal entity directly involved in the Sweepstakes and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives (the “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims, injury or damage (including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages), to persons or property, arising out of or relating to (a) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, websites, network hardware or software beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (c) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement by entrant to these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein. All Entries and prize claims are subject to verification. Proof of Entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize, or the cash value thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant where it is suspected or evident that tampering with the Sweepstakes operation, or a violation of these Official Rules, has occurred. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed solely to Sponsor. All trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.
10. BINDING ARBITRATION. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WHICH MAY INCLUDE THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (I) ANY DISPUTE, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY -- WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION -- BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES AND THE SUPPLEMENTARY PROCEDURES FOR CONSUMER RELATED DISPUTES (THE “AAA RULES”) THEN IN EFFECT; (III) ANY ARBITRATION SHALL BE HEARD BY ONE ARBITRATOR TO BE SELECTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AAA RULES, IN COLUMBUS, OH; (IV) UNLESS BOTH ENTRANT AND SPONSOR AGREE IN WRITING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; (V) JUDGMENT UPON ANY AWARD RENDERED MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION THEREOF; (VI) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO ALL LIMITATIONS AND RELEASES SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET DAMAGES, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ANY PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS' FEES OR COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, ANY INJUNCTIVE OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Winner List. For a winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by April 30, 2017 to: La Senza Spring Break Social Sweepstakes, Winner List, ATTN: Karen Moore, L Brands, Inc., Three Limited Parkway, Columbus, OH, 43230 U.S.A. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
Quebec Residents Only. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.